Pro BonoPart of our professional responsibility as advocates is to assist those who are unable to afford advice or representation. The goal is to promote human rights and social justice. Although the need for legal services among the poor- including homeless children and adults, unemployed or low-wage workers, prisoners, or senior citizens- is overwhelming, only a small percentage have access to legal services. We can help a few poor citizens with legal representation.
Our clients come first. As a result, we strive to understand each client’s unique problem, suggest and offer customized solution, communicate frequently, and ensure every legal solution and strategy we recommend is practical and effective. To bolster our approach, we:
- Employ high calibre staff and ensure these continuously work to update and bolster their skills in a chosen area of practice
- Assign work to qualified, competent and experienced lawyers while ensuring a partner has overall oversight
- Study and understand the client’s goals, evaluate these against the law and suggest and offer practical and effective solutions
- Establish and agree on clear communication procedures that speed up decision making and delivery of services
- Regularly request, evaluate and respond promptly and positively to clients’ feedback
- Develop cost-effective solutions and strive to advice clients about the cost implications of our services in advance so that they have time to plan and budget