Gershom is the Founding Partner and a qualified Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with 27 years practicing experience. His areas of specialization include constitutional and administrative law, international criminal law, international law, civil and criminal litigation, elections and political parties’ law, arbitration, intellectual property and company law.
Gershom has undertaken international legal assignments and represented clients before the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda in Arusha, Tanzania and The International Criminal Court, The Hague in The Netherlands where he successfully represented General Hussein Ali and participated in the defence of His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta. Regionally and nationally, he has argued cases before Rwandan courts, the Supreme Court of Kenya, the Court of Appeal and the High Court of Kenya, the Magistrates Courts and specialist tribunals.
Before joining the Firm, he worked with Omwega Omanwa and Company Advocates where he gained practical experience in Conveyancing, Civil and Criminal Litigation, Trademarks and Company Law.
- Chairman, Geothermal Development Company (State Corporation) (2015-todate)
- Defence Attorney, United Nations International Tribunal for Rwanda (1996 – date)
- Chairman, Policy Holders’ Compensation Fund (State Corporation) (2014- 2015)
- Partner, Omwega, Omanwa and Company Advocates (1990 – 2007)
Kenya, Netherlands, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Ivory Coast, Togo, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Congo Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Africa, Zambia, Malawi, France, U.S.A, Belgium and Gabon. Most visits made in relation to the work as a Defence Attorney at the UN United Nations International Tribunal for Rwanda and the International Criminal Court.
University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Law (LLB) (1986– 1989)
Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (1989 – 1990)
Membership in Professional Organisation
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya since 1990
- Law society of Kenya since 1990
- On ICC list of Counsel from March 2011
- On ICTR list of Counsel from early 1996
- East African Law Society since 2004
- ADAD ( Association of Defence Lawyers at the UNICTR-) since 1998 , currently Vice –Chairman )
- International Commission of Jurists – Kenya
- International Criminal Bar ( ICB) Member
- International Association of Defence Lawyers ( IADAD)