We work with clients at every stage of the business cycle, giving day-to-day advice on business and legal issues, addressing specific transactions, and working on the design and implementation of client’s strategies and operations. We cover a spectrum of tax laws including Income Tax Act, Value Added Tax Act, Excise Act, East African Customs and Management Act, Tax Procedures Act, Tax Tribunal Act, Stamp Duty Act, the Rating Act and Valuation for Rating Act.
Our breadth of work encompasses, among others
- Legal representation before Kenya Revenue Authority, the Tax Appeals Tribunal and the Courts and alternative dispute resolution forums.
- Reviewing assessments for accuracy and compliance with the law, drafting and reviewing grounds for objection to assessments, arguing disputed tax positions before Kenya Revenue Authority, and negotiating tax debt including penalties and interest.
- Reviewing pending litigation and other uncertain tax positions, commenting on adequacy of defence, probability of success and prevention of recurrence.
- Providing practical advice and responding to specific inquiries on a broad range of tax issues.
- Giving independent advice and opinions of the tax aspects of transactions under consideration.